A preview for next week:
I just installed the "clicker system" on my laptop. I'm really excited, because I think the kids are going to be really engaged because it will be something new and fun in the classroom. We are going to use the clickers as part of an ACT lesson that I'm teaching in a week, and I'm using it because I think there are a lot of different levels of "readiness" for the ACT in our class right now, so adding a level of anonymity to the lesson will hopefully allow students to feel more comfortable answering practice questions. I'm combining "learning about the ACT" with "learning what's on the English section," so hopefully the lesson won't be too dry...
I wish I could embed the clicker questions into a PowerPoint like you can do with the cell phone system, but my mentor teacher (and I) worried that the kids might be too distracted with their cell phones out. I'm using the clickers with the 11th graders, so hopefully their maturity level is high enough that they can control themselves with the clickers and will still pay attention. We shall see...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Alli, this sounds good. But did you upload software to your MAC? is there a receiver that plugs into a USB? are the clickers assigned in class or are the students expected to bring them and maybe use them in other classes?
I really want to learn how to do this? Did you get a disk of something from the Media Center?
Post a Comment